Monday, September 28, 2009

Spooky house...

I can't believe a week has flown by since I last posted a card- it was a crazy week at work last week and I was certainly glad to see a weekend off! It was another very early start on Saturday, though (5:30am-yikes!), because DD had her first triathlon. She is only 10 and she has been asking to participate in a kids' tri for over a year now, so this was her first foray and I can tell it won't be the last. She came in third for the 10 y.o. girls' division and had so much fun! I spent the rest of the weekend lazying around, talking with some friends and playing around in my craft room. I have a class coming up this Friday, so I needed to get working on the projects we are going to make this week!
I had a request to use this stamp set and I am not as gifted as some at making scenes, so I thought we would work on masking and sponging to make a creepy sky behind the house. I stamped the haunted house in Basic Black Craft ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder (may use black EP for the class to make it even darker). I punched out a scrap paper circle with a 1 3/8" circle punch and temporarily glued it over the moon as a "mask" so my moon would remain white while sponging in the sky. This is a great technique to layer images when creating a scene, sponge in a sky or add other elements to your background without marring you main image. I made the halo around the moon darkest, then sponged toward the periphery.

I colored in the windows with Summer Sun marker to make them glow. I stamped the image in Basic Black, punched out with the scallop oval punch, then layered it on a black oval punched out with the wide oval punch. A quick tie with some wide Olive ribbon and it's a spooky, fast Halloween card!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Monday!


Heidi


Supplies:
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black, Whisper White, Cast-a-Spell DP
Ink: Basic Black Craft and Classic, Summer Sun marker, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Wide Olive grosgrain ribbon, scallop oval punch, wide oval punch, sponge, scrap paper, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment