Sunday, September 13, 2009

With Sympathy...

Life seems to roll in threes (or sixes or just a persistent level of kharma!). Unfortunately, I have been in great need of sympathy cards over the past few months- deaths of colleagues' spouses, parents- it just seems to be the cycle right now. There doesn't seem that there is much I can offer, except for a handmade card and some heartfelt sympathy.

These are two of the cards I made recently using the same stamp sets, but different inks and paper, each with their own look. They both use the "Wish Sticks" stamp from Unity. Both cards are 5.75" squares (which fit great in 6" square envelopes
).

In this first card, I used markers to ink the stamp with Regal Rose and Old Olive and stamped on Vanilla CS. The image was cut out with deckled edge nesting dies and layered onto Basic Grey "Sugared" DP. I sponged Close to Cocoa ink on all the edges to give it a softer feel- it also makes bigger size cards feel less stark. The greeting was stamped with a set from Flourishes, which I like because it's a bit more formal.


Supplies:
Paper: Regal Rose, Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up), Sugared (Basic Grey) Ink: Regal Rose, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa Accessories: Sizzix Big Shot machine, Cream Organdy ribbon, dimensionals, sponges, Pretties kit pearls (Stampin' Up), nested dies


In the second card, I wanted a softer, more feminine feel so the card is made from Pink Pirouette with coordinating DP from a K&Co mat pad that I have has stashed for some time (harken back to the paper hoarding...). I colored the flower petals with Pink Pirouette, then over colored the centers with Regal Rose to give it a bit more contrast. I used the same greeting and ribbon, but a bit different layout to change it up a bit.


These would also make pretty birthday or shower cards- hopefully better days ahead to celebrate with friends. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up), K&Co mat paper pack Ink: Regal Rose, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa Accessories: Sizzix Big Shot machine, Cream Organdy ribbon, dimensionals, sponges,
Pretties kit pearls (Stampin' Up), nested dies



1 comment:

  1. Both cards are just lovely! I, too, have great and continuing need for sympathy cards and try as I might to make them ahead, I always seem to be out when the need arises. Thanks for this lovely reminder to get busy!!!

    ReplyDelete