Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to me...

It's a rainy, cruddy day here in Houston and definitely NOT the day I ordered for my birthday! Yes, it's actually the 15th anniversary of my 29th birthday today (see how fast you can do that math!) and instead of relaxing and being queen for a day, it has been filled with church, Sunday school and now Girl Scouts. I think I am going to have to take a rain check on this one, no pun intended!

Today I have a birthday card I made awhile back to share. It uses a set called "Branching Out" from Taylored Expressions that is super cute! My kids love knock, knock jokes so I made this one for Emily's birthday.


I stamped the inside tree in Old Olive Craft, embossed with clear EP, then watercolored it with the Old Olive reinker and an aqupainter. I then stamped the tree trunk over the top of it with Chocolate Chip craft ink, heat embossed with clear EP, then cut out the whole tree. I stamp the greeting and the owl, gave him some color and glues them to the inside.



I stamped the swirled tree image on green patterned paper, heat embossed and attached over the inner tree with a brad so the tree could open up. "Knock, knock" was stamped in Chocolate chip, cut out with a label die on my Sizzix machine and tied in place with some brown stitched ribbon. Emily loved showing this card so much that I'm amazed she hasn't worn the brad right through!

Thanks for stopping by and hope your day is less dreary than mine!

Heidi
Supplies:
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, Dusty Durango,
Ink: Old Olive craft, Old Olive reinker, Chocolate Chip craft
Accessories: Olive brad, clear embossing powder, heat tool, aquapainter, brown stitched ribbon, label die, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. this is the cutest little hide away card, I am huge fan of trees...perfect!

    Happy Birthday, I hope you have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete