Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mo and Jo missing...

If anyone has seen Mo and Jo (otherwise known as my Mojo) please send them back to me! This card should not have taken me nearly as long as it did last night to complete! I went through so many iterations of layout, colors, patterned papers- it was mind numbing. I was nearly at the point of ripping it up a few times, but I had spent so much time coloring the image that it was spared!

This is the final version, but there is a good chance I will go back and make another when I get some more inspiration!



I started by stamping the pumpkin image in Memento Rich Cocoa on Very Vanilla cardstock and on printer paper. I cut out the printer paper version and used it as a mask when I stamped the second image so the pumpkins would look like they had some depth. I then colored the images with my Copic markers using colors I hoped I would like when I eventually made the card. This is the problem with coloring images all at once-it's a leap of faith that later on you will find the right paper to go with the colors you chose!

I cut out the image with my new Labels 5 dies (happy birthday to me...) and sponged ink around the image while the die was still in place- this leaves the edge white for contrast. I mounted it on a Close to Cocoa piece cut out with the next size die and sponged the edges of that with Close to Cocoa as well.

I ran the Pumpkin Pie background paper through my Sizzix machine using my Stampin' Up Backgrounds 1 Texturz plate then sponged ink over the embossed areas to make them stand out. I haven't used these plates before but I really do like them because they are bigger than the Cuttlebug folders and can fit 6"x7" cardstock on them. That's great for me because I make a lot of larger square cards!

Before assembling, I sponged the edges of all the pieces with Close to Cocoa to give it a fall feel. I tied some brown gingham ribbon around the embossed piece and mounted it to the card using dimensional dots. I placed aged copper brads on the patterned paper piece for a bit of embellishment and mounted the image with dimensionals. The greeting was hard to fit given all that was going on, so I simply punched it out with an oval punch and free hand cut a larger oval to nest it on. I must have stamped and tried 7 different punches, shapes etc before I finally gave up and went with the oval!

That's my minor inspiration for the day- hope Mo and Jo find their way back to me soon!

 






Supplies:
Stamps: Unity Sept KOM, All Year Cheer III
Paper:  Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, Basic Grey Mellow
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Copic markers, copper brads, brown gingham ribbon, Sizzx Big Shot, Stampin' Up Backgrounds 1 Texturz plates, Labels 5 die, sponge, large oval punch, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. I am lovin' that Label 5 die! Happy Birthday to you indeed!
    -a

    ReplyDelete