Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sunny beach days...

Through a somewhat random email today, I got back in touch with several high school friends, some of whom I have not spoken to in several years. What I think is somewhat unique about my group of friends is that, although time goes by (years even) we pick our conversations up where we left off as if there has been no time or distance between us. My husband remarked tonight that he has never seen anything quite like this and that our group is truly special and blessed!


I got to thinking about the many wonderful times we had at the beach where my friend Tricia and my family both had summer homes. There is something so amazing about sand, surf and summer days that cannot be recreated anywhere else! I was thinking of those summer lazy times when I created this card- the images in this set were perfect for creating a beach scene.

The sky was created by sponging Baja Blue ink lightly on Whisper White cardstock. I then used a straight piece of computer paper to mask off the sky and sponged more darkly underneath that line to create a horizon and the sea using the same color ink.  I ripped a piece of Kraft cardstock to create a sand dune, stamped with Itty Bitty Backgrounds, then sponged along the edges and over the whole piece to make it look a bit like sand. This was layered on top of the sea to give it some depth.

The "sun" was stamped appropriately enough in Summer Sun craft ink and embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and colored with a yellow Spica glitter pen to give it a bit of sparkle and shine! After it was cut out, I popped it up on dimensional dots to make it stand out. The woody van was stamped in Close to Cocoa craft ink, heat embossed and colored with reinkers and an aquapainter to make it look weathered. A little brown gingham ribbon, the sunny greeting and it's a nice reminder of a sunny beach day on LBI (that's Long Beach Island for the Bennies!).


Thanks for stopping by and hope this inspired a sunny day memory for you!


Supplies:
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Baja Blue
Ink: Baja Blue, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip Craft, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Summer Sun
Accessories: Curly Label punch, brown gingham ribbon, clear embossing powder, heat tool

No comments:

Post a Comment