Friday, October 16, 2009

Simple, elegant wedding...

Happy Friday everyone!! I don't know about anyone else, but I am so happy to see the weekend- it's been a long week! I'm also super excited about the weather cooling down- it will be our first real cool front of the "fall"- a term I need to use loosely here in Houston!

After a long spell of sympathy cards, I can finally move onto happier topics since we have 2 weddings coming up in the next month. I'm not one for the cutesy wedding card and wanted something simple and classic and decided to go with a relatively monochromatic color scheme.



The base of the card was made from a crisp white, with an accent of patterned paper on the inside edge to finish it off. I ran the next white layer through  my Sizzix machine with a steel embossing plate to give it some texture- dry embossing paper is a fast and easy way to dress up a card. It's hard to get a great photo of this, but the design is very pretty IRL. This embossed piece was layered onto Basic Black then tied with a beautiful blue silk ribbon and bow- it's so soft and ties beautifully!

I stamped the greeting in black pigment ink, then stamped over it with a floral image in Baja Blue. To make the flowers look soft and light, I stamped off onto a scrap before stamping onto the greeting- this  brings the intensity down a notch or two. The greeting was cut out using nested label dies and mounted on the card with dimensionals.

Simple, pretty and elegant- perfect for any wedding or anniversary! Thanks for stopping by and hope your weekend is great!

 






Supplies:
Stamps: All Year Cheer III, Charming
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Baja Breeze
Paper: Whisper white, Basic Black
Accessories: Blue silk ribbon, Sizzix machine, steel embossing plate, nested label die 





1 comment:

  1. i really like this one, simple and elegant. i also like the color combo for a holiday card... it reminds me of cold weather- that i may never see again now that i'm in houston! ps the dry embossing is a nice way to add interest without making it busy- i'm envying that sizzix;-)
    -paula

    ReplyDelete