Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Back in the swing...

After the whirlwind of spring break activities (5th grade camp trip, Texas state swimming champs and a ski trip to Colorado) I feel like I need a vacation from vacation! The girls from our team did great at states (TAGS) and got 5th place in the relay with a time of 1.99- broke 2minutes which was their goal!




Colorado was so pretty and the weather was good for most of the time. I wanted to share a few really pretty pictures that I took while skiing this year. This is a view from Buddy's Run at the top of the Storm Peak- great views to ski off into and the only blue run on this side of the mountain!






Here are my two little skiers- they are rapidly catching up to me on the slopes and Emily will likely pass my abilities in the next 2 years- especially on the moguls!

So now that I'm back, it's time to get in high gear to make Easter/spring themed cards. I am really trying to stick to my goal of actually mailing out cards in time for birthdays and holidays, so by this weekend, they need to be made and mailed!

I started this card before I left and the colors I picked for the frame (pink and green) seemed too sugary for me, so sometimes a good idea to walk away and pick it up a little later. I printed this digital stamp on Whisper White card stock, colored the scene with alcohol markers, then paper pieced her dress and shoes over the top- the tiny shoes were a killer to cut out, even with my smallest craft knife!



The frame was made with two different nesting dies on my Sizzix machine and I think the brown makes a nicer contrast than pink and green did. The card background is a Kraft 5.75" square which was layered with a sheet from the Sweet Pea Designer Series paper collection- I am having a hoarding moment with this paper pack and may have to order the digital set so I can have a continuous supply! A few little scallops on each side finish off the pink polka dots and a corduroy button brad "ties" the bow in place.

The inside is finished off with some more of the pretty pink paper and a non-specific greeting, although I will probably use this card for one of the many spring birthdays I have coming up!

Tonight I have to prepare all the cards/ baskets we will be making at my class this Friday night, so stay tuned. If you're in the Houston area, hope you can join us, if not let email me if you want a kit! Have a great day



No comments:

Post a Comment