Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fashionably Late...

For those of you that know me, fashionably late is probably a very good descriptor for me! Somehow I have a craft room full of supplies, stacks of cards I've made and I can't seem to get them into the mail on time! My class tomorrow night is focused on "everything but a card", so a purse card seemed to fit with the theme.

This card starts with a standard 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" card base. To make the purse shape, you cut off 3/4" from the fold on a diagonal to the corner of the card, as pictured in the diagram below. If you prefer your purse to be smaller on top than the bottom, you cut off the 3/4" in the opposite direction.



After the purse was cut from Positively Pink card stock, I ran the outside flap through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder on my Sizzix machine to give it some pebbled texture. I cut the top flap out of some retired Designer Series paper with a nested die (you could also use an oval or another shape), punched some holes with a Crop-a-dile along the fold for the pink satin ribbon and adhered the flap to the back of the card.


I placed one of the cute "Sending Love" epoxy brads on the front of the flap and adhered velcro on the inside to hold the purse shut. A little strip of the same patterned paper on the bottom finishes it off.

On the inside of the card, I started with a 5-1/4" x 4" white rectangle and cut off the same 3/4" diagonal piece and added a patterned paper border at the bottom to carry through the theme from the outside. I used half of a Pink nested shape to frame the greeting and allow more of the patterned paper to show.


This little purse could really be embellished to jazz it up a bit more, but we have so many projects to do tomorrow night, I wanted to keep this one simple. I suspect I will be making more of these since I'm always late with my cards!

Have a great day~

2 comments:

  1. Oh Heidi - this is fabulous. I'll want to make one of these for a friend of mine next week. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute, I can't wait to get my life back and start doing them! mmg

    ReplyDelete