Saturday, November 20, 2010

Believe...

As Christmas approaches and we begin to discuss what might be in letters to Santa (trying to get some hints so I'm not scrambling at the last second!), I am waiting for my middle school daughter to ask the dreaded question... is there really a Santa? I think this conversation is imminent since she has recently given up on the tooth fairy, although she plays along for her little brother. I'm totally not ready for them to lose the magic and am determined to hold onto it for as long as possible, so definitely some extra steps this year (more to come on that!). She's a good sport, though, so I am sure if there is disclosure, she will maintain a good front for Matthew.

Since I was in a Santa mode, I pulled out some stamps from Crafty Secrets that I bought awhile back and have yet to see ink. I do love some of their images, but I really am not a fan of clear polymer stamps- a red rubber girl for sure (sounds kind of kinky, actually-lol!).


The main image was stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on Very Vanilla card stock, then cut out using a circle nestability die on my Sizzix machine. While the die was still in place, I sponged Creamy Caramel ink around the image, revealing a clear border when the die was removed- I love how crisp this comes out! The image was layered onto a larger circle of Early Espresso and a "Labels 13" shape cut from Cherry Cobbler.


The edges of all the layers were sponged with Creamy Caramel to make them match the vintage feel of the image. The card was finished off with some pearls and a bow made from Early Espresso satin ribbon.


The inside was finished with a computer-generated greeting cut with the same Labels 13 die and a strip of the glittery snowflake paper- very sparkly IRL!

Hopefully lots of Christmas and Santa cards and decorations will keep the magic alive for another year~

 




Supplies:
Stamps: Vintage Christmas (Crafty Secrets)
Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Wonderful Winter (MME), Early Espresso DP
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Basic Pearls, Early Espresso satin ribbon, nestabilities, Sizzix machine, Stampin' Sponges, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. this is such a pretty card! it is very cozy and "Christmasy" :) I like the red with the dk brown- and I love the detail on the inside

    ReplyDelete