Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cute Christmas Snow globe...

I have to say it is a bit hard for me to get into the holiday spirit when it's 75-80 degrees here in Houston and the foliage (what there is) hasn't even really begun to turn. I think that disconnect between what I expect (i.e. the New England fall that I am used to) versus the warm sunny days here make me procrastinate about getting holiday planning and shopping done- or so I like to think:) That's my story and I'm stickin' with it!

I have seen some really cute snow globe cards recently and thought that this would be a fun card for my stamping group to make this Friday night. I used the layout from the Mojo Monday sketch and paper from the Candy Cane Christmas paper pack. I love colors in this set- Baja Blue, Real Red, Wild Wasabi and Blushing Bride- perfect for something different than the usual red and green.


 The snow globe was made by punching a 1-3/4" circle in blue snowflake paper, then lining it up over the Whisper White square to stamp the snowman in the middle. After he was colored, I poured some chunky ice glitter into a round Sweet Treat cup, popped it in the hole and glued the two layers together. The snow globe was layered onto a scalloped square shape cut with my Sizzix machine and popped up on dimensionals. The greeting is from an older set called "Short & Sweet" punched out with the Word Window punch and layered onto some Baja Breeze punched with the Modern Label punch. A red satin ribbon bow and some red rhinestones and it's done. My kids had so much fun shaking this guy around last night- poor thing must be dizzy!

Check back tomorrow to see a vintage tag card we'll be making this week. If you can't make the class or you don't live in Houston, email me and I'll send you a kit so you can join in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment