Monday, November 22, 2010

Merry little snowman...

I don't know about you all (y'all here in Texas:) but I can't believe it's Monday already! I had to work this weekend, but thankfully there were no emergencies and I didn't have to go back to the hospital after I was done rounding on my patients (which is really a credit to my fellows who need to stay there- thank you!). Still, somehow the weekend slipped away with the arrival of my FIL and AIL (aunt in law) for the holidays (both in their 80's), a Girl Scout trip to a Masquerade Theater show (which had content that I will be "explaining" for some time to come...) and building 3 gazillion piece Legos with my son.

I had hoped to get a bit further along in making my holiday cards and teacher gifts, but all I managed to finish was this card- an achievement all in all-lol!

I've had a big pack of My Mind's Eye paper from last year sitting on my craft room table, so I've been digging through these fabulous sparkly patterns for all my cards lately. I loved these trees so the trick was not to cover all of them with my image and accessories! The snowman is digital image from an artist named Zlatoena whose drawings I just love- so whimsical! The snowman was printed on Whisper White and colored with Copics. The ric-rac is actually patterned paper cut out with a ric-rac shaped die (this one is definitely going to see some more use!). The ribbon is the new seam binding ribbon from SU- love how beautifully this ribbon ties- just gorgeous!


The inside was finished with the same polka dot/ric rac theme with some photo corners to provide balance. Because the patterned papers took up so much room, I decided to stamp the greeting directly on the white background and not mat it so I have "some" room for a note.

Hope you like my sweet little snowman as much as I do- he makes me smile every time I see him!

Heidi

1 comment:

  1. I love the ric rac is that a nestibility? or a punch? Also the photo corners are great- is that a punch?
    like I need more stampin stuff:)

    ReplyDelete