Sunday, November 14, 2010

Jolly Old Santa...

I just looked at the calendar and somehow it has become the middle of November and I am really not clear how that happened so fast. I am convinced that the days between Halloween and Christmas move at a different speed than the rest of the year- maybe Einstein needed to explore that theory of relativity!

I'm beginning to think about my holiday cards, teacher gifts, etc so I am not completely backed up by this time next month. I think I have nailed down the treats for my son to give out to his class (more to come on that another day) but am unclear what to do about my daughter's teachers- is it cool to give teacher gifts in middle school??

My stamp group met Friday night and it was a good time for all, except poor Janice who broke her hand:( We stamped her a kit so she can assemble it when she feels better!


This tag is a different version of my moose/reindeer tag I made a few weeks back. I started this one with the large Santa image from the "Jolly Old Saint Nick" stamp set in the Holiday Mini catalog- I love this set (i.e. you will be seeing more of it-lol!). Santa was colored using an aquapainter and Watercolor Wonder crayons. I used Real Red for his hat, Very Vanilla for the trim, Whisper White for his beard and Blush Blossom for his face.

The tag base was made with Sahara Sand cut out with a "Labels 8" die and embossed with a Snowflake embossing folder on my Sizzix Big Shot machine. Patterned paper was added from the retired sets- Holiday Lounge and Holiday Treasures, with a white scalloped trim layer in between. The hole in the top was punched with a Crop-a-dile and set with a large Pewter brad through both the greeting and the tag. It's finished off with some wide striped grosgrain ribbon tied with some hemp twine.

This layout is good for a variety of different main images and will likely be the mainstay for gift tags this year.

Hope you're enjoying your Sunday- hubby took my 8-year old to his swim meet today, sparing me the 6am wake up call- he is a good man!

 




Supplies:
Stamps: Jolly Old Saint Nick, Christmas Greetings
Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Holiday Lounge (retired), Holiday Treasures (retired)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aquapainter, Jumbo Pewter brads, 1-1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon, hemp twine, Crop-a-dile, Scallop trim punch, Sizzix Big Shot, nested dies, snowflake embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment