Sunday, August 28, 2011

Have a cool day...

Good morning! I hesitate to say this knowing that half my friends and family are sweltering in the Texas heat and the other half is dealing with Hurricane Irene, but boy, is is a beautiful morning in Atlanta! It is a cool 64 degrees, clear blue skies, light breeze- absolutely gorgeous! We took a family bike ride before it started it heat up and discovered just how steep the hills in our neighborhood are (and just how out of shape I am-lol!).

Now that several people have voted on the penguin dude, I decided it was time to finish my brother's card. It's very frustrating having half my life in storage- I couldn't find the paper I wanted or a stamp for another card I am working on, so time to improvise!

I started with this week's MFT Wedensday Stamp club sketch pulled out some Hawaii themed papers from an old stash.  I love the way sketches get you jump-started on a card! I expanded mine to a square to give me a bit more room to play.


I used the blue chilly dude since he was  a better match for these papers and added some layers of DP and coordinating card stock, stitched together on my sewing machine and sponged to give them a weathered, beachy feel. I couldn't find my crimper (storage, I suppose) so I scored a piece of Kraft card stock and sponged it with brown ink to make it look like beach wood.


The inside was finished with the coordinating striped paper, a surfboard and a "cool" birthday greeting. Now the big challenge- getting it into the mail!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend~

 




Supplies:
Stamps: Penguin in Summer (Birdie Brown by Torico)-digital
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Soft Sky, Cajun Craze, Hawaiian DP (can't remember name)
Accessories: Sizzix Big Shot, Curly Label Punch, Marina Mist Seam Binding ribbon, button, hemp twine, Nestabilities, Dienamics, dimensionals, sewing machine


1 comment: