Monday, August 29, 2011

Stars in Heaven...

Good morning! Hard to believe it's Monday already- weekends go by so fast! I'm sure my friends and family on the East coast wish this weekend had gone a bit faster- a lot of flooded basements and some trees down (thankfully none on houses) for people I know, but after cleaning up from Ike a few years ago, I can certainly sympathize!

The topic of sympathy, unfortunately, brings me to my card for today.  Over the past few weeks, I have had two friends give up their fight with cancer. Both have been fighting unbelievable battles for several years and both will leave incredible holes in their families and communities. I wanted a simple, elegant look, but was at a loss for a stamp with the perfect sentiment. Google to the rescue!


I started by searching for "sympathy quotes" and found this one which I think is perfect for my friend who left a 7th grader daughter behind. I know they watched her suffer for several years, but the end is still so hard to deal with, especially as a pre-teen. I formatted the quote in Photoshop using several different fonts and sizes and printed it in Early Espresso ink onto Vanilla card stock. A little tip for Stampin' Up fans- you can import the color codes for all teh Stampin' Up colors into Photoshop and make yourself a custom "Swatch book" so when you print, the colors match their card stock exactly!

The card was finished simply with layers of some pretty patterned paper I had in my stash, some crinkled seam binding ribbon and an antique brad from Stampin' Up. Now the hard part comes- finding the words to write...

Hope your week is off to a good start and that those in the Northeast get power soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment