Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Thank ewe, mates!

Hi everyone! I know my friends in Texas are going to throw tomatoes or rotten eggs at me, but the last 3 days in Atlanta have been sooo gorgeous! Mornings in the low 60s, days in the high 80s, sunny and so pleasant! I found a great little garden at work, outside the cafeteria at the Emory Children's hospital, where I have been taking my lunch each day to catch a few minutes of this beautiful weather and pretty scenery:) Another day I will share a picture of this little oasis...

Last week was the birthday week in our house, husband and son, one day apart; many dinners and a big BBQ with friends and new neighbors. Now it is time to write all those thank you notes! It's hard to find cute notes for boys to write- so many girly things out there, but not so much for the masculine half. I also wanted to make something quick and fairly simple since "we" have a bunch to write (i.e. mommy makes us write)!


I started with a sheep image from Zlatina which I absolutely adore! Since I have to produce a bunch of these, I kept it pretty simple. The image was printed on Whisper White card stock and colored with Copics- no time for paper piecing and faux sheep wool on these thank yous- they need to hit the mail ASAP! The Crumb Cake background was embossed with the "Seeing Spots" embossing folder to give it some texture and the little sheep was layered onto red and black mats to make him stand out. I added a computer generated greeting, a punched heart and some black baker's twine for a little accent- so cute, right? My son said he would mail these to grandparents and relatives, but he would never give these to his friends. Next card, please...


OK, now for the more manly version... I used another pirate image from Claire Keay to go along with Matthew's pirate themed birthday for thank you notes to his friends- I love her illustrations! The image was sized in Photoshop Elements to fit my card, printed on Whisper White card stock and colored with Copics. I used simple layers of black and red again which stand out on the neutral background. The greeting was computer generated with a punched star and button tied with baker's twine to spruce it up a bit (definitely no flowers or hearts here!)


These were made as flat cards- his friends will promptly throw them away (much as I want to believe they will treasure them:) so no point in wasting extra card stock-lol! I used the same backing for both cards, making mass production easier.


That's it for today- have a great one!



1 comment:

  1. Great cards!! I love the pirate one, I know my grandson (and even my granddaughter!) would live it! Miss YOU...and yes, we are still in the 100's...UGH!

    ReplyDelete