Sunday, November 29, 2009

Let the race begin!

It's now offically the weekend after Thanksgiving and less than 4 weeks until Christmas-yikes! Every year I say that I am going to be more organized than the prior year, but somehow it still creeps up on me.  I wonder if Einstein ever examined the time continuum in December- the days clearly disappears twice faster  than any other month!

I had hoped to get some things done for the holidays this weekend, but I got layed low with bronchitis so I got very little accomplished. I did get a few cards done for my upcoming class in between naps, though, and wanted to share this one today.



I started this card with a vertical Close to Cocoa card base and layered on Whisper White and the flocked red paper from the Christmas Cocoa paper collection from Stampin' Up. I absolutely love this paper- the combination of reds and cocoa colors is really great! I tried several images for this card and settled on Dasher, which I stamped in Close to Coca Craft ink and embossed with clear EP to make him really stand out. I cut my reindeer and a red mat out using a nested die set and my Sizzix machine and layered them onto the card with some Soft Suede dotted ribbon at the top.

The greeting was also stamped in Close to Cocoa craft ink and embossed and punched out with the wide oval punch. I used the same nested shape in Cocoa for the greeting background and added a red snowflake I punched with a MS punch and a rhinestone brad for accent. The last touch was a tiny red rhinestone for the reindeer's nose- too cute!

Don't forget to RSVP if you're coming to Friday's class- we're going to make lots of great cards, treat holders, etc and celebrate the holidays!







Supplies:
Stamps: Dasher, Holidays and Wishes
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, Real Red, Christmas Cocoa
Ink: Close to Cocoa craft
Accessories: Soft Suede dotted grosgrain ribbon, Sizzix machine, nested dies, wide oval punch, clear rhinestone brads, snowflake punch

No comments:

Post a Comment