Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Troubled Poinsettia...

This was one of those cards that went together so quickly, until it came to the image. I must have stamped 10 images trying to find the right one to go with this card! I tried a reindeer, a snowflake and a wreath before settling on this poinsettia. I tried a gold embossed version of the poinsettia, but the edges were too light to really stand out against this paper. At that point, I walked away from it, had a glass of wine and came back to it after dinner!



For the final version of this card, I ended up stamping the poinsettia twice in Always Artichoke Craft ink, embossed with clear EP and colored with alcohol markers. I cut the first poinsettia out using a nested die and my Sizzix machine and layered it onto the card front which was made from layers of Riding Hood Red, Vanilla and Wassail (Basic Grey) stitched on my sewing machine. I highlighted the center of the poinsettia with a yellow glitter pen and cut only the inner leaves from the second flower to layer on top of the main poinsettia to give it some depth.

I accented the Fancy Tag and Flourish dies with tiny gold rhinestones for a bit of sparkle and tied it all up with an ivory organdy ribbon- done! After all this work, deciding on a worthy recipient for this card will be hard-LOL!

I've finished my Thanksgiving food shopping and am off to begin making pies-yum! Thanks for stopping by~








Supplies:
Stamps: Poinsettia, Snow Swirled
Ink: Always Artichoke Craft and Classic
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Wassail (Basic Grey)
Accessories: Alcohol markers, ivory organdy ribbon, Sizzix machine, nested dies, rhinestones, sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, this is why I just get your kits when i can't come to the stampin evenings. I would never think of doing all this.
    it's lovely and you don't have to send this card to me!
    chantal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find your poinsettia? Love the card. So pretty. Wanda

    ReplyDelete