Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Simple Thanks...

Happy day before Thanksgiving everyone! I am up, caffeinated and have already been to the swim club for round one of swim team practice. I have already begun my "To Do" list for the Thanksgiving feast tomorrow (those of you who know me are aware of my list making habit!) and am trying to corral the elderly and children to be as little interference as possible (I'm hoping one apple pie will take them 2 hours!).

On to the card for today... I was going through stamps to use for my Thanksgiving place cards and I saw this set "Give Thanks" which retired last year and I have not used very much. I loved the galvanized bucket of apples and the swirly pumpkin images- they are really fun to color with Copics or watercolor pencils.



I started with a Kraft card stock base and stamped a background in Always Artichoke using a large background stamp called Flannel Plaid. Then I layered two strips of Very Vanilla punched with a lattice border under a piece of patterned paper from the "Sweet Slumber" set. After the image was colored, I cut it out using a nested die set along with an Artichoke background, layering the two pieces with the Riding Hood Red ribbon tied in between. The greeting was also stamped in Artichoke, punched out with the wide oval punch and layered onto an Artichoke die cut fancy oval shape.

Simple, country and reminds me of a New England Thanksgiving and pies! Speaking of which, it's time for me to move onto that task- pecan, pumpkin and apple pies- made with my neighbor who is an expert Texas pie maker! It's our annual tradition to bake together and it reminds me how thankful I am to have great friends like her!







Supplies: 
Stamps: Give Thanks, Flannel Plaid background

Paper: Kraft, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Sweet Slumber
Ink: Always Artichoke
Accessories: Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, nested dies, Sizzix machine, lattice punch, wide oval punch, dimensionals



No comments:

Post a Comment