Saturday, November 7, 2009

Patterned Pines...

Just a quick post this morning- I'm on my way out to sit at an eternally long swim meet (luckily the weather is nice so I can sit outside!). For those of you who missed the stamp class last night, it was a late night and lots of fun- what a great group I have! I think they were taxed by some of the more complicated cards, so I think everyone was glad to make this card since it goes together so easily and is classic.



Starting with a Kraft card base, I layered paper from the Merry Moments Designer Series paper onto Very Vanilla for the background. I stamped the Patterned Pines trees in White Craft ink and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder- it gives the trees a nice shimmer and makes them stand out against the green background! I layered that piece onto Vanilla as well to make it stand out.

I stamped the snowflake and corner detail in Real Red and embossed with the Iridescent Ice EP to make them shimmer as well. The Real Red Classic ink is so juicy, it leaves you enough time to get embossing powder on and is easier to clean up than the Craft ink! I added a few red rhinestone brads for sparkle and contrast and the Sleigh Bells ribbon to finish it off.

A quick and easy card that can be easily mass produced or adapted for a photo card! Thanks for stopping by- hope your day is relaxing!









Supplies:
Stamps: Patterned Pines (Holiday Mini catalog)
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, , Old Olive, Merry Moments DP 
Ink: White Craft, Real Red
Accessories: Sleigh Bells ribbon, rhinestones, dimensionals, Iridescent Ice EP, heat tool 

1 comment:

  1. Wow pretty!
    I really liked your card layout. I can say the person will definitely be glad after getting this card whom you will give this card. I would love to visit here again to watch other creativities.

    ReplyDelete