Monday, November 30, 2009

Charlie Brown trees...

Hi Everyone! Hope you're first day back after the long holiday weekend hasn't been too painful! I am trying to wade through the masses of email and get myself organized for the coming weeks, both at work and at home- a monumental task for sure!

When I first saw the Patterned Pines stamp set, I knew I wanted to make a Christmas card using some of the Thoroughly Modern designer series paper and "alternate" Christmas colors. The bright pinks and teals remind me of the aluminum trees that Charlie Brown waded through before finding his little wooden tree.


I started with my favorite 5-3/4" square card base and layered on a strip of the teal pattern paper accented by a strip of Whisper White punched with the lattice edge punch from MS. I colored the trees on the Patterned Pines stamp with Melon Mambo and Taken with Teal markers, stamped them on a WW rectangle and added rhinestone toppers to each tree. After tying some white organdy ribbon around the card with a little dotted Melon strip for contrast, I layered the image onto Teal and Kraft card stock and mounted it on the card front with dimensionals. A rhinestone brad studded snowflake and a simple greeting complete the card- super fast and easy!

This is one of the cards we'll be making at my class this week, so be sure to come or get your kit! Thanks for stopping by~

 




Supplies:
Stamps: Patterned Pines (hostess- Holiday Mini catalog), Christmas Greetings
Paper: Melon Mambo, Taken with Teal, Kraft, Whisper White, Thoroughly Modern
Ink: Melon Mambo, Taken with Teal (markers), Basic Black
Accessories: lattice edge punch, rhinestone brads, rhinestones, dimensionals, white organdy ribbon, melon mambo dotted grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Bright, pretty colors that perked up my weary cloudy-Monday eyes. I laughed when I clicked on the link and saw what you meant by "Charlie Brown Trees"-- you are spot on!

    ReplyDelete