Sunday, January 9, 2011

Missing you...

Today was a day of missing, for sure- missing Mojo! I had colored the sweet "Eskimo Rabbit" from Zlatoena, had paper picked out and decided to try the first sketch of the year from Jen del Muro at "I{heart}sketches".
Sounds simple enough, doesn't it? Awesome sketch and all the other elements most of the way there-not! I spent most of the afternoon fitching with this card and I'm still not sure I love it, but it's done.

The bunny started out with a pink coat, but after it was all together it made the card seem too pink and blue, so a little marker magic and her coat changed to red. It's hard to see in the picture, but I added some white flocking to the cuffs and hood of her coat to make them fuzzy- this got some serious praise from my daughter! I sponged the background with Soft Sky and Going Gray ink then cut the image with an oval nested die.
I goofed around with a bunch of background shapes for the image and for the vertical piece, but finally ended up with simple shapes of ovals and rectangles- the fancier shapes competed with the patterned paper. I stitched around the plaid and added scalloped borders on the top and bottom, with some pink rhinestones for sparkle:) The Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon gives it some contrast while the pink snowflake and tinsel pom-pom ribbon add some extra glitter.




The inside was finished by "stamping" a smaller, lighter version of the original image and adding a computer generated greeting- this is the beauty of digital stamps- they can be resized to suit your needs with the click of a button! Some more of the plaid paper, a scalloped border and some more bling and it was finished.

Now I must finally tackle the job of un-decorating in earnest- really sad because it finally feels like winter in Houston-lol! A good day to light (or click on) a fire and snuggle with my bunnies:)

Enjoy your day~






Supplies:
Stamps: Eskimo Rabbit (Zlatoena- Etsy)
Paper: Bashful Blue, Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, "Eskimo Kisses"-Basic Grey
Ink: Soft Sky, Going Gray, Copic markers
Accessories: Stampin' Up-Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Sizzix Big Shot die cut machine, dimensionals; nested dies, Open Scallop strip die (MFT); pom-pom tinsel ribbon, pink and clear rhinestones (M's); white flocking (MS), sponges, sewing machine

1 comment: