Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sparkly Winter Wishes...

Good morning! It was kind of nice to wake up to some real winter weather here in Houston today (I'll probably be egged for saying that!). I have to say I am a bit jealous of all my friends in the northeast who are socked in with snow and having a snow day- would be kind of fun to have a sledding day with the kids. I'm saying that from here, of course, because I don't have to live through the rest of the winter up there!


Onto my card for today~ I've been inking up some new images I bought recently and decided to give this cute little skater girl a whirl on the ice. I chose some paper from Basic Grey's new "Marjolaine" collection- the leaves in the background pattern look almost like funky snowflakes. The background papers were stitched together and distressed on the edges a bit. I realized I had stitched the argyle piece down before deciding to add punched borders, so I added some stitched ribbon to cover the transition zones.

My little skater girl was colored with Copics and cut out with an oval nested die. I added some snow glitter to the rim of the main image and to the snowflakes under the greeting to give it some sparkle.

The inside is dry embossed with some snowflakes using the "Northern Flurry" embossing folder from SU. I left the rest of the inside blank so I have plenty of room to write a note.

That's it for today- here's hoping for a snow day in Houston!






Supplies:
Stamps: "Girl Skater" Claire Keay, "Glad Tidings"-Verve
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, "Marjolaine"-Basic Grey
Accessories: Stampin' Up: Sizzix Big Shot machine, Norther Flurry embossing folder, basic brads, Buckaroo Blue stitched ribbon, dimensionals; Ornate border punch, snowflake die, nested oval die, snow glitter (MS), Copic markers

No comments:

Post a Comment