Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Year in Review...

Goodness it's been a long time since my last post! The holidays were so busy around our house, really a blur this year. There were many things I did not get to do this year: I did not mail out Christmas cards except to immediate family (a shocker given my hobby!), I did not make cookies and I did not get lights up outside. Things I did manage: went to the Houston Ballet's "Nutcracker" with my kids, mother and friends; made my famous eggnog to give to neighbors (serious yum!) and watched my children narrate the Christmas story at church on Christmas Eve- definitely a highlight!

As part of my New Year's reflection, I thought it would be fun to look back on my favorite things I have made this past year.

January: an alternate color for Valentine's Day

February: the first time I was asked to be a guest designer- thanks Sue!

March: Made my first easel card

April: fell in love with Pure Innocence images

May: School was out before I knew it

June: a simple card that became one of my favs

July: I finally made a good looking guy card!

August: a fun card for Emily at camp

September: a card to cheer my mom after her knee replacement

September: haunted house- my favorite project this past year!
October: became friends on Etsy with a new favorite illustrator, Zlatoena

November: bought my first Verve stamps-so pretty!

November: my favorite Christmas card of the year

December: Christmas was nigh...

December: gave up on paper cards and created a digital card to email

Well, that's my look back on the year- it's been an interesting one, challenging at times, some sad moments and many great memories. I'm not really one for New Year resolutions (too easily broken, I suppose) but there are some goals I have for the coming year: submit something I make for publication in a craft magazine; find ways to be more productive and happy at work- not an easy task some days; do more things with my kids- they're great and they're growing up fast!

What's your goal for the New Year? Leave me a comment with your resolution/goal and I will draw one person from the list for a little New Year's blog candy:)

Have a great day!










No comments:

Post a Comment