Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A new look...

If you stopped by yesterday, you may have noticed I was goofing around trying out different blog backgrounds and themes. It's a new year and I felt it was time to change the look of my blog up a bit. I'm not entirely sure I'm in love with it, but it works for now!

Since I didn't have time to get out official Christmas cards, I'm taking the opportunity to send out some "Happy Winter" cards to friends and family that will miss getting a card and using some of these for holiday thank you notes as well.

I have some super cute digital images from a new favorite illustrator I met on Etsy, named Zlatoena,  that you will be seeing more of in the coming weeks. This little snowman has been sitting patiently on my desktop all through the holidays just waiting to be used:)

He's printed on Whisper White card stock, colored (or very little actually) with Copics and cut out with a circle nested die. I added some sparkly "snow" for him to stand on- somehow appearing a little pink tinged in the picture- ah, the wonders of digital imaging!

I kept it pretty simple because I didn't want to hide any of this great patterned paper from MME. I did add a strip of Riding Hood Red cut with a ric rac die and a rim of snowflakes cut with a MS edge punch, with some clear rhinestones to give it some sparkle. The main accent is the snowflake made from a layered snowflake die with chunky glitter adhered onto each layer.

The inside is finished with the plaid patterned paper and a strip of snowflakes with some more rhinestones. I left out a greeting for now, so I have plenty of room for a message/thank you. I'm sure most of my friends up north are getting a bit tired of all the snow and "winter", but it's nice to have a little sparkly snow, at least on my cards:)

Have a great day~

 




Supplies:
Stamps: "Fluffy Snowman"- Zlatoena

Paper: Marina Mist, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, "The Merry Days of Christmas"-My Mind's Eye
Accessories: Sizzix Big Shot, Nestability dies, MS Snowflake punch, rhinestone brad/small rhinestones (Stampin' Up), ric rac die (MFT)

No comments:

Post a Comment