Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Warm Wishes...

I didn't realize as I was writing this post how much I would want "warm wishes" this morning- it was a cold 35 degrees and windy when I was getting the kids off to school. That's not so cold by many people's standards, but here in Houston that's chilly! Brrr!


It's dangerous to color and image before picking the paper because invariably something that you colored doesn't match the paper you want to use. I broke that rule when I had printed and colored a bunch of images this past weekend and am now left with the task of making them work with paper I have. I colored this little "Eskimo Rabbit" with a peachy pink, light browns and turquoise blue and added some white flocking to the collar and cuffs- so fuzzy and sweet!

Luckily, Mr. Brown just came with some paper I ordered over the holidays (so much for the resolution to use paper I already own:)' and the Basic Grey "Hopscotch" papers worked perfectly-yay! Some machine stitching and distressing later and the background was done. I embossed a leftover die cut piece with a small polka dot embossing folder, added some peach color pearls and a ribbon tied button for accents.

I finished the inside with some more of the patterned paper, a scalloped border and a computer generated greeting layered onto one of the new Spellbinders shapes, called Labels 14- such a great shape!

This little bunny is going to an old friend's mother who has been battling colon cancer this past year and who would miss my usual holiday greeting, even if it is late.

Hope you're staying warm wherever you are- time for some cocoa!

 




Supplies:
Stamps: "Eskimo Rabbit"- Zlatoena
Paper: Cool Caribbean, Close to Cocoa, Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Basic Grey-"Hopscotch"
Accessories: Stampin' Up: Sizzix Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Candy Cane Christmas Big Buttons; scallop edge punch, brown dotted organdy ribbon, Labels 14 and 16 dies, sewing machine, peach pearls, white flocking (MS)

No comments:

Post a Comment