Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wedding Wishes...

Good morning! Hope you're enjoying your Sunday. I have a few extra minutes this morning because hubby took my daughter to her swim meet for the warm-up time of 7:30am so I can enjoy my coffee at home instead of on a bleacher today! Em has a terrible cold and her parents would not have let her compete today, but she has become a determined little pre-teen, so we compromised to 3 of 5 events- we'll see if we live to regret that decision tomorrow!

Onto the card for today~ I have a dear friend who is getting married next week in Seattle and we just can't make our schedules work to be there, so I wanted to make her a special card to let he know how much we love her, miss her and wish her (and her new hubby:) the best on this adventure called marriage! When I was making my bathroom drapes last week, I saw some fabulous trim at the fabric store and immediately had a vision of this wedding card. The lady helping me gave me a "generous" sample of this trim when I told her what I wanted to use it for- love her!


I dug through my paper stack and found some paper from the Basic Grey "Periphery" collection that matched.I kept the card pretty simple because I wanted this pretty trim to be the focus. I generated a greeting in Photoshop, cut it out using an oval nested die and layered it onto a Buckaroo Blue piece cute with the Labels 14 die (love this shape!). A few pearls and some sponging and the front was done.


The inside was finished with pieces of the same patterned paper and a sponged Labels 14 shape, left empty so I can write our own personal wishes to the happy couple.

This card is so much prettier than in the pictures, but I hope they like it nonetheless! I'm off to the swim meet- hopefully the decongestant kicks in before Em has to swim the fly- otherwise, not a pretty day for anyone who lives with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment